经典少儿英语故事带翻译
爱听故事、爱看故事书,是现在小学生最明显的特点。孩子们通过阅读来获取知识。阅读既是一种能力的表现形式,也是一种良好的生活习惯,更是语言学习的一大助力。小编精心收集了经典少儿英语故事带翻译,供大家欣赏学习!
经典少儿英语故事带翻译:相辅相成
In the past, a man bragged about his bow: "There is no bow better than mine. It doesn't need any arrow!"
从前,有个人自夸他的弓,说:“我的弓嘛,没有比这更好的了,好得不需要用什么箭的!”
Another man bragged about his arrow:"There is no arrow better than mine. It doesn't need any bow!"
也有人在自夸他的箭,说:“我的箭,没有比这更好的了,好得用不着什么弓了!”
At that time, a man good at archery happened to pass by and heard their dialogue.
这时候,恰好有一个会射箭的人从他们身边走过,听到他们的这段对话。
He said:"You are both wrong.
就说:“你们两人的话都不对。
One cannot shoot an arrow without a bow; and without an arrow, how can one hit the target?"
没有弓,发不出箭;没有箭,怎么能射中目标呢?”
Thereupon, the man good at archery asked them to take out their bow and arrow.
说完后,会射箭的人还叫他们把弓和箭都拿出来。
Then he showed them how to shoot at the target with a bow and an arrow.
射箭给他们看。
Now they understood: A bow won't do without an arrow; nor an arrow without a bow.
他们这才明白:弓不能离开箭,箭也离不开弓。
They complement each other.
两者相辅相成。
经典少儿英语故事带翻译:宋人献玉
There was a man of the State of Song who liked to curry favour with others.
宋国有一个人,喜欢奉承别人。
One day, he got a piece of uncarved jade and went to present it to Zi Han, a minister of the State of Song,
有一天,他得到了一块未经雕琢的玉石,便去献给宋国大臣子罕,
with the intention to ingratiate himself with the official.
想讨好一番。
Zi Han adamantly refused to accept it.
子罕执意不受。
Thereupon, this man said in honeyed words:"This is a piece of rare jade.
于是,那人便花言巧语地说:“这是一块珍奇的玉石啊!
I regard it as a treasure suitable for a gentleman's utensil.
我把它当做宝贝,适宜于做君子的器皿。
If it gets into the hands of an old gentleman like you, to be worn by you or put on your dining table, that would be most suitable and fitting.
要是落在老先生你的手中,挂在你的身上,放在你的餐桌上,是最相称、最适合的。
I am an unrefined man, not deserving such a valuable treasure."
我是一个粗人,不配使用这种贵重的宝物。”
"You may regard this piece of jade as a treasure," said Zi Han, "
子罕回答说:“你把这块玉石当做宝贝,
but I do not accept other's fawning, nor do I regard this kind of conduct a treasure."
我却不接受别人巴结奉承,并且不把这种行为当做宝贝。”
The man of Song felt he had asked for a snub and sneaked away.
那个宋国人自讨没趣,溜了。
经典少儿英语故事带翻译:自相矛盾
n ancient times, there was a man who sold spears as well as shields.
古时候,有一个人,他既卖矛又卖盾。
One day, he hawked his wares at the market and was very pleased with himself.
一天,他在集市上叫卖,非常得意。
He held up a shield and said: "My shield is very strong.
他举起他的盾说:“我的盾非常坚固。
No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce my shield."
无论怎样好的矛,都戳不穿它!”
After that, he held up his spear and bragged: "My spear is very sharp.
说完,他又举起他的矛夸口说:“我的矛非常锋利。
No matter how strong a shield is, my spear can pierce it.
无论怎样坚固的盾都能戳进去!”
When the people standing by heard this, they laughed up their sleeves.
站在旁边的人听了,都暗暗地发笑。
One of them asked him: "According to what you said, your spear is the sharpest.
有人问他:“照你这样说,你的矛是最锋利的。
No matter how strong a shield is, your spear can pierce it.
无论怎样硬的盾都戳得进去。
Your shield is also the strongest.
你的盾又是最坚固的。
No matter how sharp a spear is, it cannot pierce your shield.
无论怎样锋利的矛,也别想戳进去。
Now, if I poke your shield with your spear, what will be the result?"
那么,现在我用你的矛来戳你的盾,看看结果会怎样呢?”
The man was so embarrassed that he could not utter a single word.
那个人窘得连一句话也答不上来。
经典少儿英语故事带翻译的评论条评论