英语晨读美文,优秀英文美文阅读

发布时间:2017-03-08 19:06

晨读是一个英语教学不容忽视的环节,抓实抓好英语晨读的管理是提高英语教学质量的重要保障。下面是小编带来的优秀英文晨读美文阅读,欢迎阅读!

英语晨读美文,优秀英文美文阅读

优秀英文晨读美文阅读篇一

Love Your Life

热爱生活

However mean your life is, meet it and live it

不论你的生活如何卑微,你都得面对与度过

do not shun it and call it hard names

不要逃避,更不要抱怨

it is not so bad as you are

生活不像你认为的那般坏

It looks poorest when you are richest

当你富甲天下之时,生活却显得贫瘠乏味

The fault finder will find faults in paradise

即使在天堂,爱找缺点的人也能找到缺点。

Love your life, poor as it is

即使生活贫穷,你也该热爱生活

You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house

因为就是在贫济院,你也有自己快乐激动与光荣的岁月

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode

夕阳照在贫济院窗上的反光与照在富人家的一样耀目

The snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

其门前的积雪也同样在早春融化

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there

我只是看到,一个心绪宁静的人就算居住在贫济院,生活起来也会心满意足。

And have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

思想愉悦,如同生活在皇宫中一样。

The town`s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

在我看来,城镇中的贫民大凡过着最为无拘无束的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

或许他们只是超乎寻常,不然岂会毫无疑惧地接受这一切。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town.

大多数人认为自己超凡脱俗而无须依赖城镇的资助

优秀英文晨读美文阅读篇二

The Road to Happiness

通往幸福的道路

If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming into existence. Women who take an instinctive pleasure in their children can get this kind of satisfaction out of bringing up a family. Artists and authors and men of science get happiness in this way if their own work seems good to them. But there are many humbler forms of the same kind of pleasure. Many men who spend their working life in the city devote their weekends to voluntary and unremunerated toil in their gardens, and when the spring comes, they experience all the joys of having created beauty.

只要你观察一下周围那些你可称之为幸福的男男女女,就会看出他们都有某些共同之处。在这些共同之处中有一点是最重要的:那就是活动本身,它在大多数情况下本身就很有趣,而且可逐渐的使你的愿望得以实现。生性喜爱孩子的妇女,能够从抚养子女中得到这种满足。艺术家、作家和科学家如果对自己的工作感到满意,也能以同样的方式得到快乐。不过,还有很多是较低层次的快乐。许多在城里工作的人到了周末自愿地在自家的庭院里做无偿的劳动,春天来时,他们就可尽情享受自己创造的美景带来的快乐。

The whole subject of happiness has, in my opinion, been treated too solemnly. It had been thought that man cannot be happy without a theory of life or a religion. Perhaps those who have been rendered unhappy by a bad theory may need a better theory to help them to recovery, just as you may need a tonic when you have been ill. But when things are normal a man should be healthy without a tonic and happy without a theory. It is the simple things that really matter. If a man delights in his wife and children, has success in work, and finds pleasure in the alternation of day and night, spring and autumn, he will be happy whatever his philosophy may be. If, on the other hand, he finds his wife fateful, his children's noise unendurable, and the office a nightmare; if in the daytime he longs for night, and at night sighs for the light of day, then what he needs is not a new philosophy but a new regimen--a different diet, or more exercise, or what not.

在我看来,整个关于快乐的话题一向都被太严肃的对待过了。过去一直有这样的看法:如果没有一种生活的理论或者宗教信仰,人是不可能幸福的。也许那些由于理论不好才导致不快乐的人需要一种较好的理论帮助他们重新快活起来,就像你生过病需要吃补药一样。但是,正常情况下,一个人不吃补药也应当是健康的;没有理论也应当是幸福的。真正有关系的是一些简单的事情。如果一个男人喜爱他的妻子儿女,事业有成,而且无论白天黑夜,春去秋来,总是感到高兴,那么不管他的理论如何,都会是快乐的。反之,如果他讨厌自己的妻子,受不了孩子们的吵闹,而且害怕上班;如果他白天盼望夜晚,而到了晚上又巴望着天明,那么,他所需要的就不是一种新的理论,而是一种新的生活——改变饮食习惯,多锻炼身体等等。

Man is an animal, and his happiness depends on his physiology more than he likes to think. This is a humble conclusion, but I cannot make myself disbelieve it. Unhappy businessmen, I am convinced, would increase their happiness more by walking six miles every day than by any conceivable change of philosophy.

人是动物,他的幸福更多的时候取决于其生理状况而非思想状况。这是一个很庸俗的结论,然而我无法使自己怀疑它。我确信,不幸福的商人与其找到新的理论来使自己幸福,还不如每天步行六英里更见效。

优秀英文晨读美文阅读篇三

Work, Labor, and Play

工作、劳作和娱乐

So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, important. He cannot be really happy if he is compelled by society to do what he does not enjoy doing, or if what he enjoys doing is ignored by society as of no value or importance. In a society where slavery in the strict sense has been abolished, the sign that what a man does is of social value is that he is paid money to do it, but a laborer today can rightly be called a wage slave. A man is a laborer if the job society offers him is of no interest to himself but he is compelled to take it by the necessity of earning a living and supporting his family.

据我所知,汉纳•阿伦特小姐是第一个给予工作和劳作之间本质区别的人。一个人要高兴,首先要感到自由,其次是感到重要。如果他被社会强迫做他不愿做的事,或者他喜欢做的事被社会忽视,被认为无价值和不重要,他就不会真正高兴。在一个从严格意义上来说奴隶制已被废除的社会里,一个人所做的事情具有社会价值的樗是他的工作得到了报酬。但今天的劳动者可以恰当地称为薪金的奴隶。如果他对社会提供给他的工作不感兴趣,但出于谋生和养家而被迫接受,这个人就称为劳作者。

The antithesis to labor is play. When we play a game, we enjoy what we are doing, otherwise we should not play it, but it is a purely private activity; society could not care less whether we play it or not.

与劳作相对的是玩,当玩耍时我们在享受,否则是不会去玩的,不过这纯粹是私人活动,社会对你玩或不玩是极不关心的。

Between labor and play stands work. A man is a worker if he is personally interested in the job which society pays him to do; what from the point of view of society is necessary labor is from his own point of view voluntary play. Whether a job is to be classified as labor or work depends, not on the job itself, but on the tastes of the individual who undertakes it. The difference does not,for example, coincide with the difference between a manual and a mental job; a gardener or a cobbler may be a worker, a bank clerk a laborer. Which a man is can be seen from his attitude toward leisure. To a worker, leisure means simply the hours he needs to relax and rest in order to work efficiently. He is therefore more likely to take too little leisure than too much; workers die of coronaries and forget their wives' birthdays. To the laborer, on the other hand, leisure means freedom from compulsion, so that it is natural for him to imagine that the fewer hours he has to spend laboring, and the more hours he is free to play, the better.

处于劳作和玩之间的是工作。如果一个人对社会付酬给他的工作感兴趣的话,他就是工作者;从社会的观点看,工作是必要的劳作也是个人心目中自愿的玩。例如:这个区别不同于体力劳动和脑力劳动之间的区别;一个园艺工人或一个补鞋匠可能是工作者,一个银行职员可能是劳作者。一个人属于哪一种可以从他对休闲的态度看出来。对于工作者来说,休闲只是他为了有效地工作而放松和休息的时间,所以他可能少休息而不是多休闲。工作者可能致于冠状动脉血栓症,忘记妻子的生日。反之,对于劳作者来说,休闲意味着从强迫中的摆脱,因此他们会很自然地想花在工作上的时间越少,自由自在玩的时间越多就越好。

英语晨读美文,优秀英文美文阅读的评论条评论