生活情景对话:跑步爱好者和棒球先生
下面小编为大家带来生活英语情景对话,欢迎大家学习!
生活情景对话:跑步爱好者
Todd: OK, Tim, we're going to talk about running.
好的,蒂姆,我们将讨论讨论跑步。
Tim: OK.
好的。
Todd: Now, we've been running the last couple of nights.
我们前几天晚上一直一起跑步。
Tim: Yeah, that's true.
是的。
Todd: And, uh, your much faster than me. You're a fast runner. How often do you run?
你跑得比我快多了。你跑得很快。你多久跑一次步?
Tim: Well now I only run about four days a week. But, when I was younger everyday.
现在我每周跑四次。我更年轻的时候每天都跑。
Todd: Oh, really. Wow! Did you run in high school or college?
哦,真的。哇!你在高中或大学就开始跑步吗?
Tim: I ran, I started when I was six years old.
是的,我从6岁开始跑步。
Todd: No kidding!
你没开玩笑吧!
Tim: And I started running and I ran all through the university.
没错,我经常跑步穿过大学校园。
Todd: Really!
真的!
Tim: Yeah!
是的!
Todd: OK. So what events did you do?
好的。你跑过什么项目?
Tim: Middle distance, middle distance which is 1,500 meters to 5,000 meters.
中等距离,1,5000到5000米。
Todd: Wow! Are you a better short distance runner or long distance runner?
哇!你短跑更好,还是长跑更好?
Tim: Middle distance runner.
我擅长中等距离的跑步。
Todd: Middle distance. OK, how far is a middle distance?
中等距离。好的,中等距离有多长?
Tim: Oh, 1,500 meters, about.
大概1,500米。
Todd: 1,500.
1,500米。
Tim: Yeah.
是的。
Todd: OK! Ah, what's your fastest time in the 1,500 meters?
好的!你1500米的最好成绩是多少?
Tim: Ah, 3.... about 3:47.
大约3分47秒。
Todd: Three minutes and forty seven seconds.
3分47秒。
Tim: Yeah!
是的!
Todd: That's pretty fast.
那真是很快了。
Tim: Yeah. I did that in high school actually. I wasn't so fast in the university.
是的。那是我在高中时候的成绩。我到了大学成绩就没那么好了。
Todd: Oh, wow, man you can fly? No I don't feel so bad when you run so much faster than me.
哦,哇,你成飞人了?那我不会沮丧你比我跑得快了。
Tim: I've been slowing down. I've been drinking beer so I don't run so fast anymore.
我现在跑得慢了。自从我喝了啤酒就再也跑得不快了。
Todd: Yeah, we're getting older. Actually, um, I'm 33. How old are you?
是的,我们都变老了。事实上,我有33岁。你多大?
Tim: I'm 27.
我27岁。
Todd: 27. Oh, OK. So, do you think you'll be running your whole life?
27岁。哦,好的。你认为你会一辈子都坚持跑步吗?
Tim: I think so, yeah. I grew up in the woods, everyday in the woods, so I really want to get back to running in the woods. I think it is really healthy to do.
我想是的。我在林间长大,每天都泡在树林里,所以我很想回到森林中继续跑。我想那样很健康。
Todd: Yeah. That's nice. OK. Thanks a lot, Tim.
这很好。好的,谢谢你蒂姆。
生活情景对话:棒球先生
Todd: OK. Kevin, we're back here in the forest. Um, we're gonna talk about sports.
凯文,我们现在来到了森林里。我们来谈谈运动。
Kevin: OK. Great. I love sports.
好的。我喜欢运动。
Todd: What sports do you like?
你喜欢什么运动?
Kevin: Well, my favorite sport is baseball, obviously I grew up and my father was a baseball player, so I was always around baseball.
我最喜欢的运动是棒球,很明显,我爸爸是名棒球运动员,从我小时候起我就围着棒球转了。
Todd: Wow.
哇。
Kevin: My whole life.
我的整个人生都围绕着棒球。
Todd: You mean your father was a player in the Major Leagues.
你是说你父亲是美国棒球协会的运动员。
Kevin: Yeah, exactly, and not only was he a player in the Major Leagues, he was fortunate enough to play in the World Series twice with the New York Mets.
是的,他不但是美国棒球协会的运动员,他还够幸运两次在世界职业棒球大赛中效力纽约大都会队。
Todd: Wow. That's amazing.
哇。太棒了。
Kevin: Yeah, The Amazing Met's. 1969.
是的,那是1969年,神奇的机遇。
Todd: Wow, that's great. Did you play baseball yourself?
哇,太棒了。你自己打棒球吗?
Kevin: Yeah, I played baseball pretty much my whole life up through college and university.
是的,我经常打棒球,尤其是上大学期间。
Todd: OK. Why did you stop?
为什么不打了呢?
Kevin: Well, it wasn't exactly by choice. I wasn't drafted high enough in professional baseball to, in order for me to sign, so I ended up retiring from baseball and persuing other things.
并不是我决定不打了。我没有期望签约作职业棒球运动员,所以我不打棒球而去做其他的事了。
Todd: OK. Great. Do you like any others sports?
好的,很棒,你还有没有其他喜欢的运动?
Kevin: Yeah. I actually, I enjoy all competition. You know I enjoy the, the other typical American sports of basketball and American football and so on, but I also try to learn about and enjoy the, the national sport of the countries that I'm in. For example now I'm in Japan and I've actually gotten quite into Sumo wrestling.
是的。实际上,我喜欢竞技运动。我喜欢其他典型的美国运动如篮球和橄榄球等,但我也在努力学习并享受我现在身处国家的传统运动。比如现在我在日本,我迷上了相扑运动。
Todd: Oh, really.
真的。
Kevin: Yeah!
是的!
Todd: Nice. Have you ever seen a sumo match live?
很棒。你看过现场的相扑运动吗?
Kevin: Yes, I have. I've been to two sumo, uh, bashos as they call them, or matches in Tokyo.
是的。我看过两场现场相扑,在东京他们所说的相扑场看过两场。
Todd: Nice. Yeah, I wanna go, I wanna go myself.
好的。我也想去,我打算自己去。
Kevin: Yeah! Let's go sometime.
好的!以后我们一起去。
Todd: OK. Let's do it.
我们一起去。
生活情景对话:跑步爱好者和棒球先生的评论条评论