实用英语文章
当今社会对人才综合素质的要求不断提高,这在一定程度上给教育事业带来了新的机遇和挑战。英语作为一种国际交流的工具,成为了进入企业一块有利的敲门砖。下面是小编带来的实用英语文章,欢迎阅读!
实用英语文章1
上班迟到致歉
上班迟到 late for Work
Do you feel guilty if you are late for work? One in ten workers said that they arrive late to work at least once a week and about 24% said they arrive late at least once a month.
情景对话 1:
王萍和客户汤姆约好时间见面,但因事迟到,她表示歉意。
Wang Ping: I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long. 真抱歉让您久等了。
Tom: That's OK. What made you so late? 没关系,你怎么来这么晚?
Wang Ping: I was tied up with some urgent business. 有急事脱不开身。
Tom: I see. 我明白了。
Wang Ping: You've visited some places of interest in Beijing during the last few days, haven't you? 您已经参观了北京的许多名胜古迹,对吗?
Tom: Yes, we've visited many places such as the Imperial Palace, the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall. Well, during my visit to Xi'an, I suddenly got an idea that we should build a synthetic fiber works there. It will be a joint venture. 是的。参观了许多地方,比如说故宫、天坛和长城。对了,在西安参观时,我突然产生了一个想法:我们应该在那里开办一家合资性质的合成纤维厂。
Wang Ping: That's a great idea. We'll surely try our best to cooperate with you. We have many favorable conditions to run a joint wenture there. You can get full support from the local government there.那太好了。我们一定尽全力与贵方合作。我们有许多有利条件。贵方可以得到当地政府方面的全力支持。
Tom: That sounds really attracting. And what about the details? 听起来确实很有吸引力。那么,有哪些细节?
Wang Ping: If it is convenient for you, we can go and visit the local government for those details. 如果你有时间,我们可以去拜访一下当地的政府,了解一下细节。
Tom: All right. Let's make it 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. 好的,就定在明天早上九点钟吧。
情景对话2:
珍妮迟到了,她不得不向她的主管马林做解释。
Jane: Sorry, Ma Lin, I'm late. 对不起,马林,我迟到了。
Ma Lin: Jane, that's the second time this week, isn't it? 珍妮,这是本星期的第二次了,是吧?
Jane: Yes. My bus was late again. 是的,公共汽车又来迟了。
Ma Lin: Is it possible for you to take an earlier bus? 你能搭乘一班早一些的公汽吗?
Jane: I think so. I'm going to do that tomorrow. 我想是可以的,我打算明天就这么办。
Ma Lin: Perhaps we can change your working hours a bit if you wish. 如果你愿意,也许我们可以改一下你得工作时间。
Jane: No, thanks. I can manage. 不用了,谢谢。我能设法应付的。
Ma Lin: All right. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. 好的,如果有什么事我能为你做,请尽管告诉我。
Jane: That's very kind of you. Ma Lin. 你太好了,马林。
Notes:
向别人表示歉意时,首先要承认自己做错了事,或做出了不礼貌的行为,并且通常要说明原因,表示遗憾。最简单的道歉方式是说I'm sorry。但这往往不够,还需要对你所做的错事做出解释之后,做出改正和改进的许诺,表示不会让错误再次发生。如果你真的做错了事,给对方造成伤害或带来不利的影响,这时做无谓的解释,只能欲盖弥彰,效果相反。
实用英语文章2
你看起来“气色不错”
1. look good/very well/nice/great/terrific/fresh-complexioned 看起来气色很好
Wow! Candy, you're looking great!
哇!凯蒂,你看起来棒极了!
2. have a good color/high color 脸色红润
You have a high color on the face.
你脸色很好。
3. have a good complexion 面色好;气色很好
At the same time, people usually have good complexion, have a better mental state , which also shows their good health.
同时,面容好的人通常气色、精神状态都更好,这也说明他们健康状况良
4. off color 不舒服、气色差
I feel a bit off color.
我觉得有点不舒服。
5. little color 没有血色
He has little color in his cheeks.
他脸上几乎没有血色。
6. be in the pink 身体好
I hope you'll soon be in the pink again.
我希望你早点恢复健康。
7. looking bouncy 看起来生龙活虎
You certainly look bouncy today.
你看起来精力充沛。
8. a ball of fire 精力充沛的人
I hope John will join us, he is a ball of fire.
我希望约翰能加入我们,他是个精力旺盛的人。
实用英语文章3
与买房相关的英语单词
1. mortgage loan (按揭贷款) is a loan secured by real property through the use of a mortgage note which evidences the existence of the loan and the encumbrance of that realty through the granting of a mortgage which secures the loan.
e.g. Personal Home Loan Mortgages provides borrowers with the most current mortgage rates, news, resources and information.
2. a relocated unit or household (搬迁户) is the basic residential unit in which economic production, consumption, inheritance, child rearing, and shelter are organized and carried out.
e.g. Appropriate a special fund to help relocate households or units having to move
3. domestic removal allowance (住户搬迁津贴)
e.g. Domestic allowances will be provided to the eligible households affectecd by public rental housing redevelopment.
4. compensation for demolition (拆迁补偿费)
e.g. On the compensation for demolition, relocation of people being relocated due to compensation and resettlement.
5. property right certificate (房权证)
e.g. The property right certificate is an necessary proof of your ownership of housing.
6. real estate speculator (炒房者)
e.g. A Real Estate Speculator Goes From Boom to Bust.
7. residence houses for low-and-medium wage earners (经济适用房)
e.g. A study on the problem of the Chinses Policy on residence houses for low-and-medium wage earners.
8. urban housing provident fund (城镇住房公积金)
e.g. Urban Housing Provident Fund Management Center, former director jailed for bribe.
9. removal expense (拆迁费用)
e.g. Removal expenses for teaching assistants, teaching fellows, graduate students.
10. Comfortable Housing Project (安居工程)
e.g. Government's comfortable housing project in Tibet.
实用英语文章的评论条评论